Here are 3 of the most beautiful smelling and body hydrating recipes I found for body lotions (homemade).
Aloe Vera Moisturizer:
4 parts aloe vera gel
1 part vegetable glycerine
- Pick several leaves from your aloe vera plant. Extract the gel by scraping the juicy flesh off the skin with a blunt knife, bit by bit. Strain the gel through a piece of fine gauze or light fabric to remove any lumps.
- Once you have the desired quantity of strained aloe vera gel, mix in the vegetable glycerine.
- Store in the fridge in a screw-topped glass jar.
You will love using this moisturizer. It feels light and refreshing on the skin, is cheap and easy to make, and contains no toxic chemicals.
Lavender Body Lotion:
1 teaspoon borax
1 cup rose water
2 tablespoons olive oil
a handful of lavender flowers
2 cups of boiling water
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon borax in 1 cup rose water, then slowly add 2 tablespoons of warmed olive oil, beating constantly.
- When all the oil has been added to the water and it forms an emulsion, add lavender water. (Lavender water is made by infusing a handful of lavender flowers in 2 cups of boiling water.) Let this stand for an hour and then strain and use.
Orange Homemade Lotion Recipe:
1/2 oz Cocoa Butter
melted 1 oz Olive Oil
warmed 1 oz Orange Juice
2 drops essential oil (Orange Flower if possible)
placeholderMaking of lotion:
- Mix all ingredients together in blender until light and fluffy. This lotion need not be refrigerated, but should be used as soon as possible. It may separate, but can be beaten together again.
- It also mentions mixing vegetable glycerin and rose water, but most homemade lotions should be refrigerated and used up as soon as possible (within a week) because they do not have preservatives and bacteria can grow in them.